We are an established and fast growing Creative Technology and Production business based in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter. We’ve been in existence for over 7 years and have delivered over 100 projects in the last 18 months alone including work for the BBC, EE, Capitol Records and Aldi. We work direct to client and for and on behalf of multiple agencies (PR/Creative/Media/Content) and their clients.
We have a very sociable and positive working environment with many talented individuals and a great track record of delivering innovative technical solutions for prestigious clients both in the UK and internationally.
We recently won App of the year at the 2016 Prolific North Digital awards (for the second time in 2 years) and were short listed for small agency of the year.
We’re looking for a PHP developer to join our experienced team on a permanent basis.
The right person will thrive on the challenge of complex and innovative digital projects working across multiple platforms.
You’ll have a wide range of hands-on technical abilities, ideally combined with good communication skills and the determination to overcome whatever technical challenges arise along the way.
Most importantly, you will possess the motivation to take ownership of solutions and deliver great quality of work on time with minimal bugs.
The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys technology, almost to the point of it being a hobby, and is always learning and keeping up with the latest web/tech developments.
- Responsive website development
- Experience with PHP & MySQL
- Experience with WordPress theme development and as a content management framework
- Experience with Linux as a command-line interface
- Experience with code versioning e.g. Gitlab
- Experience of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of using industry standard social APIs e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Maps.
- An understanding of server side deployments
- Diligence to comment your code as a courtesy for other developers to follow
- Ability to be able to test the build and bug fix before handing over to the test team
- Comfortable at writing own developer plans and hitting delivery deadlines
- A minimum of 3 years digital agency experience (or equivalent)
- Experience with writing custom WordPress plugins
- Experience writing standards compliant code to WCAG 2.0
- Knowledge of Google Analytics including the setting up of tracked actions
- CSS scripting frameworks (e.g. SASS/SCSS)
- Advanced knowledge of PHP to build REST API applications
- Ability to write technical specifications as required
- Passionate about digital
- Interest in new coding methods and the digital medium as a whole
- Ability to work within a team of developers and be mentored by the senior developer team
- Ability to build to scope instructions
- Ability to make a positive input in Q&A meetings
- Ability to work to deadlines & manage time effectively
- Good communication skills to discuss technical solutions with fellow developers and the wider team
- Pro-active in seeking help and advice from the wider project team when a blocker is identified
- Ability to follow agency processes
- Great attention to detail
- Be a good trouble shooter
- Ability to learn from mistakes and grow as a developer
We look forward to hearing from you soon…