Based in Manchester in the UK and with a satellite office in Prague, we specialise in Creative Tech and Production for direct and agency clients including the Foo Fighters, The BBC and Vodaphone amongst many others. In the last 2 years, we have delivered 100+ projects ranging from socially charged apps and sites to complex server side builds.
The user is at the core of everything we do, we challenge every brief collectively to ensure our proposed solution is fit for purpose. This allows for the cross-fertilisation of ideas from our core skill set; UX, Design, Dev and PM. Our internal team is supported by trusted individual talent and strategic partnerships allowing us to scale and diversify to enhance a project team with the correct expertise when required.
We adopt a Waterfall PM Methodology as the backbone for our projects but take on an Agile approach when using a new piece of technology, or prototyping a workflow to best fit user requirements.
Our technical team is split between the UK and CZ and both complement each other perfectly. Manchester focuses on design (solutions and visual) and front end development, Prague focuses on back end development and R&D. This R&D function keeps us at the forefront of technology, taking technical concepts and attaching commercial value for our clients. R&D focuses are Machine Learning, IoT, innovative use of APIs and SDKs, AR/VR and Data Visualisation and Interpretation.
We are currently working on projects that use multiple technologies and integrate several APIs as well as content creation, design and animation. We are equally at home delivering on standard technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, PHP & mySQL as we are working with more specialist technologies e.g. Python, ReactJS, NodeJS, Canvas, Swift2, Firebase & WebGL.
We are currently looking for a talented Project Manager to join our team to own the effective and timely production of a variety of cutting edge digital and technical projects, based in our Manchester office.
- The role involves managing multiple concurrent projects and so requires a thorough and detailed approach coupled with the will and proactivity to get things done.
- The candidate will be required to gain a thorough understanding of the creative and development team’s skills and make informed judgements on resourcing the demands of individual projects.
- This should be coupled with a good understanding of how long tasks will/could take to complete and managing multiple dependencies, ensuring the team are working together to achieve project deadlines.
- You will prepare detailed scoping documents & timing plans with the ability to work autonomously, managing multiple projects through from start to finish with the production team.
- The role will demand excellent communication skills to liaise with both managerial and production team.
- You will possess great attention to detail, as you will be responsible for quality control on your projects.
- The role requires a high level of commercial acumen in producing detailed client quotes and ballparks.
- Experience of using internal project management tools such as Basecamp & Resource Guru is a must.
- A solid level of technical understanding is incredibly important.
- You will be responsible for managing each project phase thoroughly before each key sign-off stage with the client. All projects are fully time tracked, post project reviews are essential to share learnings with the team.
- The ability to manage discovery processes including MoSCoW workshops and creating technical roadmaps in conjunction with our Head of Production
- You will possess the ability to stay calm under pressure and be used to working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
The Project Manager will support and report to the Head of Production.
- A minimum of 5 years+ digital agency experience is essential for this role, as you will be project managing & producing all forms of digital projects from responsive campaign sites, native apps, digital platforms and technical deliveries.
- A working understanding of UX and IA with the ability to translate client briefs and conversations into usable work flows to aid the scoping process.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are a must.
- Strong people management skills required to co-ordinate a team of digital designers and developers and to guide/mentor more junior production staff.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Be happy to be a firm task-master to ensure deadlines are met and production quality is delivered.
- Great time management, both of own and others’ time.
- Highly organised and familiar with project management processes and software.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys technology, almost to the point of it being a hobby, always learning and keeping up with web/tech developments.